It’s February and time to start getting into shape for the 20th running of the Leatherman’s Loop which will take place on April 23rd, 2006. To celebrate this milestone event, we have several interesting features planned.
- The Kid’s Loop • For the first time in the distinguished history of the Leatherman’s Loop, your race organizers will offer an event open exclusively to kids. The Kid’s Loop course measures three quarters of a mile and will contain many of the natural ingredients found in the adult race. The Kid’s Loop will start at 8:20AM preceding the running of the Leatherman’s Loop. All participants will be rewarded with a token of their achievement. The first boy and the first girl in each age category (up to and including eleven years of age) will be acknowledged at the awards ceremony. Visit the web site (www.leathermansloop.org) for more information.
- Possible Firsts for Tommy and Kerry • If Tommy Nohilly runs again this year, he has a good shot at becoming the first ever male to win three Loops. If Kerry Arsenault runs, she will be looking for win number six.
- Twenty Consecutive Leatherman’s Loops • Enduring Joe Stanley and Remarkable Rick Hubbell are in line to keep their amazing string alive by competing in their 20th Leatherman’s Loop. How long can this streak continue?
- Leatherman Stan Returns • Stan Telega is totally into the role of the Leatherman and will be back again this year to represent the spirit of the Leatherman and to cheer our runners on.
- Craig Swan First Pitch • Former New York Met ace Craig Swan has agreed to start the race off again this year with another 95 mph fastball to his extraordinarily brave (if not a little rusty) designated catcher Ken Littlefield.
- Music Everywhere • Runners can expect the unexpected as they navigate the course this year. We don’t want to give too much detail here but (just to give you an idea) one of the performers is a yodeler who was the first runner-up in a national hog calling contest a few years back.
Please visit www.leathermansloop.org where you can register for the Loop on-line. Or you can print out the attached form to mail in your entry. Hope to see you at the teepee again this year!
Tony, Judy, David, Liz, Mitch, and Ken