EDIT 12/2012: We have a constantly updated collection of Westchester and area trail maps here. Let us know if any of your favorites are missing!
How do you train for the Leatherman and in general? In January-February of this year we have published eleven articles about trails and preserves we have trained on. Let us know the trails you train on for the Leatherman’s Loop and other trail runs. If you write up a story we can give you a byline on the site! We are looking for runs in the tri-state area where most of our runners hail from—but if you have a nice run from far away, let us know!
Here are the writeups along with a map of those done so far: (click below to see whole story, click map to see larger version)
• Leatherman’s Loop 10k Trail Run – Cross River, Pound Ridge, South Salem, NY
• Leatherman’s Loop Google Map Article – Cross River, Pound Ridge, South Salem, NY
• Betsy Sluder Preserve – Armonk, NY
• Butler Preserve Trails – Mt. Kisco, NY
• Eugene and Agnes Meyer Preserve – Lower Perimeter Loop – Armonk, NY
• Eugene and Agnes Meyer Preserve – The Upper Meadow Loop – Armonk, NY
• Leon Levy Preserve– South Salem, NY
• Merestead – Mt. Kisco, NY
• Westmoreland Sanctuary – Mt. Kisco, NY
• Whippoorwill Park Trails – Chappaqua, NY
• Walking (and Running) Wild Lewisboro – South Salem, Goldens Bridge, Cross River, Vista, & Waccabuc, NY
• Westchester Wilderness Walk – Pound Ridge, NY
Some upcoming writeups include:
• Audubon Center in Greenwich – Greenwich, CT
In the 2 months leading up to the Leatherman’s Loop 2009 we will be focusing this series more on the trails in the Ward Pound Ridge Reservation where the loop is held. We welcome contributions and stories from Loop runners as well.