We have seen an increase in runners interest in trail running and trail races. As an example, Gail’s Trail Run in Redding CT tripled in size from 2010 to 2011 and still has room to grow in 2012.
Some upcoming tri-state area races include:
- NJ Winter Trail Series Race 3 – 5k/10k/Half Marathon (Wayne NJ) 1/21/12
- NJ Winter Trail Series Race 4 – 5k/10k/Half Marathon (Wayne NJ) 2/4/12
- Ugly Mudder 7.25M (Reading PA) 2/26/12
- Mudders and Grunters Westchester’s Oldest Trail Race (Yorktown NY) 5M 3/25/12
- Bimblers Bash (Guilford CT) 10k-ish Early April 2012 (April 1st?)
- Doug Wood 5k XC Trail and Fun Run (Northport, NY), April 14, 2012
- Muddy Marathon/Half/6.6M (Fairfield NJ) 4/21/12
- Where the Wild Things Run 5K (Ridgefield CT) 5/6/12
- Cook Your Buns 3M (Greenwich CT) 6/8/12
If you know of any others we’d love to update this list. The Essex Running Club keeps an updated list of local trail runs on their website. Thanks to Chris Jaworski for keeping this up to date for the last few years.
If you are interested in group runs in Pound Ridge Reservation, we meet most sunday mornings for a run on the trails.
See you on the trails!