- Less gas burned = Happy Earth Day!
- Fewer cars on the road = eases bottlenecks coming into the park.
- Fewer cars in the parking lot = easier and quicker parking on race day.
- More fun in the car before and after the Loop = Just make sure you bring a change of clothes and towel so you don’t mess up your friend’s car!
- Less money spent on parking = more money to donate to charity. (Did you know the $10 per car park entry fee has been included with the race registration fee since 2008? To ease entry, a park employee keeps a count of cars and the Loop organizers write the park a check afterwards.)
If you are signed up solo and don’t know of anyone to carpool with, leave a comment below. Last year we got a few people together just through comments on this website.
If you are coming from NYC on the train (Metro-North Harlem line is best option) you can either take a cab from the station (Katonah station is closest) or leave a comment below looking for a ride or cab share.
The New York Trail and Ultrarunning Meetup group got a bunch of folks together for last year’s Loop. Join up there and post a note asking about a ride.