Since 2009 we have organized a team of volunteer photographers to take photos and sometimes video. In 2016 the team was out in force snapping away on the beautiful Loop morning.
Below are the photographer names and the locations they took photos at in 2016 along with links to their albums online. Some are broken up into different albums if they moved around to different spots:
- Hailey Ivey was at the First Crossing and the Switchback (just after the Pine Forest). Plus Hailey set up and shot video from a GoPro at the first crossing.
- Tom Casper was at pre-loop and the pit (with mariachi band!)
- Ciorsdan Conran took photos at the start, just up the hill from Splashdown, and managed a few GoPros taking video at the start and Splashdown.
- Chris Reinke covered the Mud Flats. Chris also set up the pre-mud flats GoPro video (to be uploaded).
- Erica Leighton posted a ton of fantastic photos on Facebook.
- Michael Rodgers was unable to run but volunteered to be on EMT watch at the top of The Wall. Fortunately, no runner injuries around there meant he could take photos the whole time from his perch at the top of the Wall.
- Rich Alter took photos at the start and finish of the Loop.
- Carol Gordon took photos pre-race, at the start of the race, at Kimberly Bridge, and Finish area photos.
- Diane Bradsell took photos at Splashdown and after the Loop.
- Chris Jaworski ran the Loop and sent many great photos from his day.
- Deborah Burman took photos pre-Loop, at the start line, Splashdown, and post-Loop and awards.
- Randie Shane took photos before the Loop, the starting line, at the Mud Flats, and at the Finish Line.
- Lee Willett took photos pre-Loop and post-Loop.
- Rob Cummings took photos pre-Loop, photos of the starting lineup, post-Loop, and took Loop Prep photos from the days before the event. Bonus: Post-Loop Jeff Main performing The Leatherman Song with backup from John Lawrence & The Leathermen.
- Patty McMahon took photos at Pre-Loop, the start, Kimberly Bridge, and the finish line approach (after the top finishers).
- Various runners have uploaded photos via our Runner Uploads link.
- If YOU took photos or video, please let us know. You can upload your photos and video clips to the Runner Uploads album (view 2016 album here).
If you have a lot of photos, drop us a line and we will create a separate album for your photos that you can upload to. If you already have a photo album online (Flickr, SmugMug, 500px, Instagram, Google/Picasa, etc.), send us a link!
Some of our photographers from the 2016 Loop: