Since 2009 we have organized a team of volunteer photographers to take photos and sometimes video. In 2017 the team was out in force snapping away on the beautiful Loop morning.
Below are the photographer names and the locations they took photos at in 2017 along with links to their albums online. Some are broken up into different albums if they moved around to different spots:
- Ciorsdan Conran took pre-race photos, more at the start of the Loop, got more photos just up the hill from Splashdown, took photos after the Loop, and even produced a Splashdown Go Pro video.
- Carol Gordon took her usual wonderful photos pre-race, at the start of the race, at Kimberly Bridge, and Post-Loop photos.
- Hailey Ivey was at the First Crossing and the Switchback (bottom of the Pine Forest). Plus Hailey set up and shot video from a GoPro at the first crossing.
- Deborah Burman took photos pre-Loop, at the start line, a ton of great photos at Splashdown (if you aren’t in one of these, you must not have run! ;), and post-Loop and awards.
- Ella Blum took pre-race photos, photos at the start of the Loop, and got runners as they crossed the meadow before the final “Splashdown” water crossing. Ella also picked some of her favorites from the day.
- Michelle Blum got pre-Loop photos, meadow start photos, and Splashdown “pre-wash” photos. She also selected some of her favorites from her photos that day.
- Patty McMahon took Pre-Loop photos, the start, Kimberly Bridge, and the finish line meadow approach.
- Bram Wegener took pre-Loop photos, photos of runners at around the 1/2 mile mark near the playground, got tons of wet photos (and a wet camera – check the photos!) at Splashdown, and had great post-Loop shots.
- Tom Casper was there beforehand for pre-loop photos, got photos of the meadow start, moved to the pit (with mariachi band!), and finished up at the post-Loop de-mudding.
- Chris Reinke covered the Mud Flats for the 7th straight year. Some say the mud flats are starting to cover him! Chris also set up the pre-mud flats GoPro video.
- Chris Jaworski ran the Loop for his 11th time and sent many great photos from the day.
- Rob Cummings took photos running the 2017 Loop, photos of the starting lineup, post-Loop, and took Loop Prep photos from the days before the event. Bonus: Post-Loop Jeff Main performing The Leatherman Song solo.
- Michael Graham took Pre-Loop photos, photos on the Fisherman’s Trail by Kimberly Bridge, and photos approaching the finish line.
- Keith Realander took Pre-Loop photos, photos at the First Water Crossing, and photos of runners exiting the Pine Forest.
- Thank you to the many runners have uploaded photos via our Runner Uploads link.
- If YOU took photos or video, please let us know. You can upload your photos and video clips to the Runner Uploads album (view 2017 album here).
If you took A LOT of photos, drop us a line and we will create a separate album for your photos that you can upload directly to. If you already have a photo album online (Flickr, SmugMug, 500px, Instagram, Google/Picasa, etc.), send us a link!
Some of our photographers from the Loop: