Please mark your calendars with these two dates: January 11th and April 28th!
The 33rd Running of the Leatherman’s Loop will be on Sunday, April 28, 2019 at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation in Cross River, NY.
The Leatherman’s Loop Lottery will open at 12:00am Friday, January 11th, 2018 and close Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at midnight — 5 full days total.
You must sign up for the Lottery to get into the Loop.
We will send out an email reminder about the Loop Lottery in late December. If you want to be on our email list for future notifications enter your email address here.
We encourage you to sign up for the Loop Lottery as early as possible after it opens in January so you don’t forget. Once it is closed we won’t accept any new lottery entrants.
We promise that (based on lottery history) most of you will get in as long as you sign up during the five day window.
To sign up, visit the Leatherman’s Loop website during the lottery registration period (1/11/2019-1/15/2019) and there will be links to the registration site.
Runners who sign up for the Loop Lottery will be asked to enter their credit card information but will not be charged for entering the Loop Lottery. Runners who are selected in the Loop Lottery will have their cards charged on January 18.
- After the Loop Lottery entry closes on Tuesday, January 15th we will have the drawing for winners on or just after Friday, January 18th.
- Those selected runners who won a spot will be notified of their Loop entries by email.
- Credit cards will be charged on 1/18/2019 automatically if a runner is selected in the Loop Lottery.
- Those not selected will be notified of the bad news by email as well.
- Any runners who do not complete their lottery registration before the January 15th deadline cannot join in the lottery after then.
- If you need to withdraw your name from the Loop Lottery, you must do so BEFORE midnight on Thursday, January 17, 2019. After then all entries are final.
- Please put firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com in your address book so our emails to you about the Loop Lottery are not marked as spam.
Runners can enter the lottery as part of a group. Each person from the group must register (or have someone register them) in the lottery. Runners can add their group name during lottery registration.
We have put together a list of frequently asked questions about the Loop Lottery. It addresses questions about group lottery entry, duplicate registrations, t-shirt purchasing, and other questions you might have.
If you do not hear from us via email on January 18th or just afterwards, please contact us right away at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can follow up. You can also check the Loop website for a list of runners selected in the Loop Lottery (will be updated after lottery selections are made).
We are interested in making the lottery as simple and hassle-free as possible. Hopefully your Loop Lottery registration takes less time than reading this guide! We appreciate any feedback or thoughts you have and can share with us.
Thanks! See you on the trails…
-Tony, Judy, Rob, and the Leatherman Harriers
PS: If you are interested in training on the trails with a group of enthusiastic trail runners of all abilities, check out our club site at sundayruns.org and come out one Sunday morning at 8am and join in a group run. We run the trails all year round and always welcome new runners!
PPS: There will be an announcement about the 2019 Trail Mix Trail Series in January.
Loop Lottery begins 1/11/19 at 12:00am