Carpooling to the Loop is a time honored tradition and helps everyone out in many ways:
- Less gas burned = Happy Earth Day!
- Fewer cars on the road = eases bottlenecks coming into the park.
- Fewer cars in the parking lot = easier and quicker parking on race day.
- More fun in the car before and after the Loop = Just make sure you bring a change of clothes and towel so you don’t mess up your friend’s car!
- Less money spent on parking = more money to donate to charity. (Did you know the $10 per car park entry fee has been included with the race registration fee since 2008? To ease entry, a park employee keeps a count of cars and the Loop organizers write the park a check afterwards.)
If you are signed up solo and don’t know of anyone to carpool with, leave a comment below. Last year we got a few people together just through comments on this website.
If you are coming from NYC on the train (Metro-North Harlem line is best option) you can either take a cab from the station (Katonah station is closest) or leave a comment below looking for a ride or cab share.
The New York Trail and Ultrarunning Meetup group got a bunch of folks together for last year’s Loop. Join up there and post a note asking about a ride.
4 thoughts on “Carpooling – Fuel Efficiency and Fun!”
i live in Katonah, and would be happy to ferry 5 or 6 folks over who come up on the train.Looks like the 6:30 train from GCT arrives at Katonah at 7:51. I can meet you at the station, on the town side of the tracks, not the parking lot side. Let me know.
Driving from East Fishkill (Hopewell area) and can carpool, if anyone is interested.
Comments are closed.