Lottery Opens at 12:00am 1/12/18! It closes 11:59pm Tuesday January 16th.
Please mark your calendars with these two dates: January 12th and April 22nd!
The 32nd Running of the Leatherman’s Loop will be on Sunday, April 22, 2018 at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation in Cross River, NY.
The Leatherman’s Loop Lottery will open at 12:00am Friday, January 12th, 2018 and close Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at midnight — 5 full days total.
You must sign up for the Lottery to get into the Loop.
We promise that (based on lottery history) most of you will get in as long as you sign up during the five day window.
We will post reminders to our Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ pages just before the Loop Lottery opening in January. Follow us there for lottery opening messages.
We sent out an email reminder about the Loop Lottery on December 21st. If you want to be on our email list for future notifications enter your email address here.
We encourage you to sign up for the Loop Lottery as early as possible after it opens in January so you don’t forget. Once it is closed we won’t accept any new lottery entrants.
To sign up, visit the Leatherman’s Loop website during the lottery registration period (1/12/2018-1/16/2018) and there will be links to the registration site.
Runners who sign up for the Loop Lottery will be asked to enter their credit card information but will not be charged for entering the Loop Lottery.
- After the Loop Lottery entry closes on Tuesday, January 16th we will have the drawing for winners on or just after Friday, January 19th.
- Those selected runners who won a spot will be notified of their Loop entries by email.
- Credit cards will be charged on 1/19/2018 automatically if a runner is selected in the Loop Lottery.
- Those not selected will be notified of the bad news by email as well.
- Any runners who do not complete their lottery registration before the January 16th deadline cannot join in the lottery after then.
- If you need to withdraw your name from the Loop Lottery, you must do so BEFORE midnight on Thursday, January 18, 2018. After then all entries are final.
- Please put [email protected] and [email protected] in your address book so our emails to you about the Loop Lottery are not marked as spam.
Runners can enter the lottery as part of a group. Each person from the group must register (or have someone register them) in the lottery. Runners can add their group name during lottery registration.
We have put together a list of frequently asked questions about the Loop Lottery. It addresses questions about group lottery entry, duplicate registrations, t-shirt purchasing, and other questions you might have.
If you do not hear from us via email on January 19th or just afterwards, please contact us right away at [email protected] so we can follow up. You can also check the Loop website for a list of runners selected in the Loop Lottery (will be updated after lottery selections are made).
We are interested in making the lottery as simple and hassle-free as possible. Hopefully your Loop Lottery registration takes less time than reading this guide! We appreciate any feedback or thoughts you have and can share with us.
If you have any questions not covered above or in the Loop FAQ or the Loop Lottery FAQ, please get in touch via our contact form, or via our email address [email protected].
Thanks! See you on the trails…
-Tony, Judy, Rob, and the Leatherman Harriers
PS: If you are interested in training on the trails with a group of enthusiastic trail runners of all abilities, check out our club site at sundayruns.org and come out one Sunday morning at 8am and join in a group run. We run the trails all year round and always welcome new runners!
PPS: There will be an announcement about the 2018 Trail Mix Trail Series in January.