We also organize a 5 mile trail race and kids trail race at Muscoot Farm in Katonah, NY called Run The Farm. We are already looking forward to 2022 and our return to Muscoot after a 2 year absence. Check details, photos, and recaps at the runthefarm.org website.
Members of our SundayRuns.org group founded a new trail race in September 2013 called the Sarah Bishop Bushwhack 10k. It is at Mountain Lakes Park in North Salem, NY and is a challenging and beautiful event that takes place at the end of September.
Another race that was developed by members of the Leatherman Harrier Sunday Runners group is the Raven Rocks Run, held the second Sunday in November. The Raven Rocks Run is a 10k that starts and finishes in The Meadow at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation (the same place where the Leatherman’s Loop starts and finishes). Instead of the River and Mud, the Raven Rocks course seeks the hills and heights of the park. The Raven Rocks Run was inaugurated in November 2015 and will be returning this coming November!
We also support many local trail races by participating in them, volunteering at them, and photographing them.
We have pull many of the local Westchester/Fairfield trail races together to form the Trail Mix Trail Series. Started in 2014, this series has grown by the strength of the runners into seven races. See the Trail Mix website for information and current standings.
This is a comprehensive listing of Trail Races in the NY/NJ/PA/CT area for those interested in participating in or volunteering at more trail runs.
The listing Chris has compiled and maintains is a great resource for the question we get a lot about other trail races in the NYC metro area. If you know of a race not on this listing, let us know and we will pass it along to Chris.
Some trail races (and a few very select road races) we have personally run in the past or plan to run include:
- John Jay 5k Trail Race (Cross River, NY) Early April
- Mudders and Grunters Westchester’s Oldest Trail Race (Yorktown NY) 5M (late March)
- Bimblers Bash (Guilford CT) 10k-ish (early April)
- Doug Wood 5k XC Trail and Fun Run (Northport, NY) (Mid April)
- Rock the Ridge 50k run and relay (New Paltz, NY) (early May)
- Where the Wild Things Run 5K (Ridgefield CT) (Early May)
- A Mild Sprain 4.25M (Yonkers NY) (Early June)
- Cook Your Buns 3M (Greenwich CT) (Early June)
- Where the Pavement Ends 4.25M (Ridgefield CT) (mid September)
- Kisco 5k (Mt Kisco NY) (mid September, road race)
- Sarah Bishop Bushwhack 10k (North Salem, NY) (late September)
- Paine to Pain 13.1M (New Rochelle NY) (Early October or late September)
- Run the Farm 5M (Katonah/Somers, NY) (late October)
- Backcountry Bushwhack 4M (Greenwich, CT) (early November)
- Raven Rocks Run 10k (Cross River, NY) (second Sunday in November)
- After the Leaves Have Fallen Trail Half Marathon (New Paltz, NY) (early November)
- Gail’s Trail Run 5M (Redding, CT) (Early December)
Lots of Northeast trail races on the calendar at http://www.shenipsitstriders.org as well.
Other listings of trail races throughout the world (let us know any other listings you know of):